PHOENIX, Arizona. – According to the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) construction and maintenance projects will require closures along Loop 101 and Interstate 10 in the Phoenix area. Drivers should estimate additional travel time and consider alternative routes beginning Friday, June 11.
<iframe height="0" srcdoc="
NEW: The Loop 101 Pima Freeway and interstate 10 will be closed this weekend. For more details on those and other closures and restrictions, check out the new ADOT Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory. MORE: https://t.co/qjvzfdJGpP pic.twitter.com/YG3UhQLQaT
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) June 11, 2021
” scrolling=”no” title=”socialEmbed-twitter” class=”sc-1samzfd-1 eqhtlM”>
Next, the sections that will be closed
Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) will be closed between 7th Street and State Route 51 (Piestewa Freeway) in North Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, June 14 for expansion project .
- Both ramps from I-17 to Eastbound Loop 101 will also close. The access ramps to Loop 101 eastbound at avenues 27, 19 and 7 will be closed.
Interstate 10 heading will be closed between the I-17 interchange and 78th Street north of downtown Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday, June 12 for tunnel lighting project.
- Both ramps from I-17 to I-10 East at the I-17 interchange
- The access ramp to the I-10 HOV Eastbound lane at 3rd Street will close.
Southbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) will be reduced to one lane between Chaparral and Thomas Highways in the Scottsdale area from 11 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday, June 12 for resurfacing.
- The southbound access ramp to Loop 101 at Indian School Road will close.
The US 60 (Superstition Freeway) HOV ramp westbound to I-10 Westbound in Tempe will close from 4 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (June 12) for pre-construction inspection work that will be performed.
The main ramp from US 60 West to I-10 West will remain open.
- The left lane of I-10 Westbound will close between US 60 and State Route 143.
City of Phoenix will invest 17.5 million dollars in a project to renovate a section of Av. 35