Meat, fish, vegetables … we propose 5 fitness burgers for you to enjoy the most appetizing dish with the best nutrients, accompanied by the expert hand of Joaquín Felipe.
11 de junio de 2021 (11:58 CET)
The SPORT LIFE team works to keep you fit and informed and needs you. Become a Premium for € 1 per month by clicking here (first month free) and you will be supporting our journalism, while enjoying exclusive articles, browsing without ads and extra content.
Burgers are considered fast food or ‘fast food’, something unhealthy in general, especially in sports nutrition. But if you change the recipe to make homemade burgers with healthier, more natural ingredients and with nutritional interest, you can enjoy them without regrets and improving your sports performance as ‘delicatessen’ or ‘author’ burgers, like these five designed by chef Joaquín Felipe.
Tips for making homemade and healthy burgers
1 USES QUALITY NATURAL INGREDIENTS
It is key that the base is a good cut of beef, pork or poultry, minced in the butcher shop, and avoid minced meat packaging. Try fresh, quality fish rich in protein and omega-3s like wild Alaskan salmon or bluefin tuna. Better use free-range eggs, cut cheeses versus sliced ones, and homemade sauces. And it includes fresh vegetables and vegetables preferably organic.
2 THERE IS NOT ONLY MEAT ON THE PLATE
In these recipes you will see a classic red meat burger, such as Florida, and others with chicken, salmon and even hummus vegetarian. It is good to substitute meat as the main ingredient to have variety on the plate and not to use only red meat, whose high consumption is associated with cardiovascular problems and cancer.
3 COOK AT HOME OR ENJOY HOMEMADE BURGERS IN THE RESTAURANT
If you are a ‘TopChef’ level, you will love making homemade burgers and you will have your own special recipe. If cooking isn’t your thing, you can enjoy signature burgers like the ones in these recipes at Joaquín Felipe’s restaurant.
4 CHOOSE YOUR BREAD WELL
Whole wheat bread, with cereals, or colored breads such as black with squid ink, green with matcha tea or red with beetroot, not only make your burger have many ‘likes’ on Instagram, they also provide more fiber, vitamins and minerals.
5 COMPLEMENTS THE DISH WELL
If we analyze the ingredients of a classic hamburger, it is a very nutritionally complete recipe: it has cereal from the bread, minced meat and bacon, vegetables such as tomato, dairy products such as cheese, and some fat such as the oil in mayonnaise. It would be a unique dish that can be eaten anywhere. The bad thing is that the ingredients are usually not healthy, and that they are taken frequently. You can improve its quality and balance with quality ingredients such as Raf tomato, organic cucumber slices, other green leaves, hard-boiled or omelette eggs, assorted cheeses, yogurt, and substitute the bacon with avocado or olive oil.
6 PUT HOMEMADE SAUCES
You are going to ‘lose the fun’ of these burgers if you flood them with pot ketchup. Better to make a homemade tomato sauce or homemade ketchup recipe, or assorted mustards or a simple quality extra virgin olive oil to enhance the flavors of the ingredients.
7 ENJOY AND SHARE
Yes, and even publish your dish on Instagram, because a dinner of homemade hamburgers with family or friends will not only not spoil your eating plan for the marathon or the Ironman, it will help you release tension and get out of the routine of carbohydrate and protein dishes, sharing a fun and family meal.
BURGER “FLORIDA RETIRO”
You will need to:
- 600g of minced wagyu minced meat
- 600g of Galician beef tenderloin minced meat with knife
- 250g sweet onions
- 25g of clean and minced purple garlic
- 6 medium vine tomatoes
- 3 dried ñoras soaked in hot water and chopped
- 2g chilli, minced
- 2g de cayena
- ½ Perrins sauce Mon.
- 10g of toasted almonds
- 10g roasted hazelnuts
- 4 sprigs of chopped parsley
- 25g slices of fried bread
- 1 dl of sherry vinegar
- 1 dl of Japanese vinegar
- 50g olive oil EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- 6 pcs. muffin bread
- 1. Grill 350g sweet onions, peel them, julienne them and season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 2. Mix the minced meat and salt and pepper.
- 3. Form hamburgers of 200 g approx.
- 4. Open the center of the bread and toast it.
- 5. Grill or grill the patties.
- 6. Place the toasted bread halves on a plate, put the meat in the other half with the roasted onion and serve with the barbecue sauce.
FOR THE BARBECUE SAUCE
- Sauté the chillies and ñoras in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Roast the tomatoes for about 10 ‘in the oven at 180º and let them cool.
- Roast 100g sweet onion until soft and cool.
- Mash the garlic, chillies, ñoras, cayenne in the mortar until they form a thick paste.
- Add the nuts, parsley, bread and pestle until the mixture is smooth.
- Peel and seed the tomatoes carefully.
- Peel and chop the roasted onions.
- Pass the previous pasta with the tomatoes and onions, the two vinegars and the Perrins sauce through the mixer. Emulsify with the oil and season.
ALASKA WILD SALMON BURGER
- 1kg wild Alaskan salmon
- 150g fennel bulb
- 20g grated fresh ginger
- 20g red curry paste
- 10g chopped coriander
- 1 piece of lime in juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 pieces of hamburger bun
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 50g of EVOO olive oil
- 1. Chop the salmon very finely, season with the ginger, red curry, coriander, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Form 200g hamburgers, go through the grill or non-stick pan with a few drops of EVOO olive oil.
- 3. Cut the fennel into julienne strips and put it in the pan briefly.
- 4. Cut the hamburger bun and toast it.
- 5. Place some fresh basil leaves, the salmon burger and the fennel in the middle of the bread. Cover with the other half bread. Serve and enjoy!
POTATO MINI HAMBURGER
- 1kg of potato
- 20g soy sauce
- 100g flour
- 100g green apple
- 10g basil
- 10g chives
- 2g fresh chili
- For the sauce:
- 50g of goat yogurt
- 10g olive oil EVOO
- 5g chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Steam the sweet potato, cool and knead in a bowl by hand with the flour, soy sauce, finely grated green apple, chopped herbs, salt and pepper.
- 2. Form 40g mini burgers and brown them with a frying pan. Accompany with the yogurt sauce.
HUMMUS BURGER ON TOASTS
- 500g cooked chickpeas
- 2 aubergines
- A lemon
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 20g garlic
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 50g aubergines from Almagro
- 40g of EVOO olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- 8 thin toasts of bread
- 1. We make a cross section, without reaching the end, in the aubergines. We put them on a tray and put them in the oven. We leave them for an hour at 180ºC.
- 2. Meanwhile, squeeze the lemon and mix the juice with the paprika and a splash of oil.
- 3. When the aubergines are ready, we remove the skin, chop them and put them in the blender glass with the tahina, lemon juice, garlic, a splash of oil, pepper and salt. We crush it together with the cooked chickpeas and we put it to the point of salt.
- 4. We form 100g hamburgers and grill them.
- 5. Accompany it with the almagro aubergines and the toasted bread.
CHICKEN BURGUER WITH FRESH CHEESE
- 1kg of chicken breasts
- ½kg of fresh cheese
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ dl of white wine
- ½ Mon of Pernod
- 1 branch of parsley
- 20g of bread slice
- 25g grated chocolate
- 25 g of fried almonds
- 2 pcs. of files
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil EVOO
- 1. Pass the skinless chicken breasts through the mincer.
- 2. In a casserole, cut the onion and “put it to sweat” with the minced garlic and the ginned peeled tomatoes. 10 ‘soft cooker. Add the white wine and Pernod and cook until the liquid evaporates. Crush the fried bread with the chocolate and almonds in a mortar, add to the sauce and cook gently for another 10 ‘. And with this we will season the chopped chicken breasts adding a touch of salt and pepper.
- 3. Season the fresh cheese with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- 4. Form 150g hamburgers to grill or grill.
- 5. On a plate, place the chicken burger with a ball of the seasoned cheese batter on top.
- 6. Chop the parsley and sprinkle on top with a few drops of EVOO olive oil.