The second season of Grey’s Anatomy it premiered on September 25, 2005 and concluded on May 15, 2006. It aired on ABC on Sunday nights at 10pm. The first season originally contained 14 episodes, but ABC decided to end the season early after 9 episodes.
The remaining 5 episodes of season 1 were added to the 22 episodes ordered by ABC for the second season, bringing season 2 to a total of 27 episodes, ending with a three-hour finale.
SEASON 2 PLOT GREY’S ANATOMY
Season 2 continued to focus on the group of surgery specialists while they try to balance the challenges of their career with the difficulties of their personal lives.
While the first season focused primarily on the unexpected impact the surgical challenges had on the main characters, the second season gives us a detailed overview of each character’s personal background, focusing on the consequences their decisions have on their career.
New storylines were introduced throughout the season, including the love triangle between Meredith Gray, Derek Shepherd and Addison Montgomery, which becomes the main story arc of the season. The plot involving the relationship is also very developed Izzie Stevens with patient Denny Duquette, which had great critical acclaim and positive fan response.
READ ALSO: Medical Terminology – The complete guide to the Medical Drama dictionary
SEASON 2 EPISODES
The second season of the medical drama Grey’s Anatomy consists of 27 episodes.
- 2×01 – Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (The rain)
- 2×02 Enough Is Enough (No More Tears) (When it’s too much is too much)
- 2×03 Make Me Lose Control (A day to forget)
- 2×04 Deny, Deny, Deny (Deny, deny, deny)
- 2×05 Bring The Pain (The power of pain)
- 2×06 Into You Like a Train (Inside you like a train)
- 2×07 Something To Talk About (Something to talk about)
- 2×08 Let It Be (Let it be)
- 2×09 Thanks For The Memories (Thanks for the memories)
- 2×10 Much Too Much (Really too much)
- 2×11 Owner Of A Lonely Heart (Lonely hearts)
- 2×12 Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer (The spirit of Christmas)
- 2×13 Begin To Begin (Start over)
- 2×14 Tell Me Sweet Lies (Keep little lies)
- 2×15 Break On Through (The line)
- 2×16 It’s The End Of The World (Apocalypse – Black Code)
- 2×17 (As We Know It) (Presentiment – Black Code)
- 2×18 Yesterday (Yesterday)
- 2×19 What Have I Done To Deserve This? (What did I do to deserve this?)
- 2×20 Band Aid Covers And Bullet Hole (When a patch is not enough)
- 2×21 Superstition (If you will find a penny …)
- 2×22 The Name Of The Game (The rules of the game)
- 2×23 Blues For Sister Someone (Fight)
- 2×24 Damage Case (A question of balance)
- 2×25 17 Seconds (17 seconds)
- 2×26 Deterioration of the Fight or Flight Response (Run away or stay)
- 2×27 Losing My Religion (I lost my belief)
BROADCASTING GREY’S ANATOMY 2 E STREAMING
The second season of Grey’s Anatomy premiered on September 25, 2005 and ended on May 15, 2006. It aired on ABC Sunday night at 10pm. In Italy the TV series was first broadcast on the channel FoxLife from February 20 to July 31, 2006 and then from January 19th to May 11th 2007, unencrypted on Italia1.
Currently the second season of Grey’s Anatomy it’s available in streaming su Amazon Prime Video e your Disney +.
CAST SECOND SEASON GREY’S ANATOMY
Let’s see together the main cast of season 2 of Grey’s Anatomy:
- Meredith Grey, played by Ellen Pompeo: A Seattle Grace Hospital resident discovered in the season 1 finale that Derek was married; very good friend of Cristina
- Cristina Yang |, played by Sandra Oh: Competitive and determined, Cristina is Meredith’s “person”, very attached to the latter; is in a relationship with cardiac surgeon Burke
- Izzie Stevens, played by Katherine Heigl: Determined but sentimental, Izzie is one of the interns who arrived at the hospital last season. She has a special bond with George
- Alex Karev, interpreted by Justin Chambers: One of the Seattle Grace Hospital residents, this season begins to approach the world of neo-natal surgery and pediatrics, thanks also to the figure of Addison Montgomery
- George O’Malley, interpreted by T.R. Knight: The last of the 5 trainees arriving at Seattle Grace, he is also the least “capable” unfortunately
- Miranda Bailey, played by Chandra Wilson: Responsible for trainees, is the fifth year trainee in charge of sorting the group on the cases to follow and responsible for their successes and difficulties. A point of reference, he is a capable but severe leader.
- Richard Webber, interpreted by James Pickens Jr.: Head of Surgery of the hospital, together with Miranda he is among the reference points for trainees. In the past he had a relationship with Meredith’s mother Ellis, which creates a tense but also intense bond between him and the girl.
- Soon Burke, interpreted by Isaiah Washington: Well-known heart surgeon who works at Seattle Grace. Start a relationship with Cristina Young.
- Derek Shepherd, interpreted by Patrick Dempsey: Famous neurosurgeon, he is considered among the best and most capable neurosurgeons in the USA. He is the boss of Meredith, with whom he begins a relationship, frowned upon by Miranda. He is married to Addison Montgomery.
- Addison Montgomery, played by Kate Walsh: Derek’s wife, is a famous neonatal surgeon. Join the main cast this season
I’m not in the main cast yet but appear for the first time nin season 2 of the medical drama:
- Sara Ramirez, interpret Callie Torres: appears in eight episodes starting with episode 2 × 19 in the role of the doctor Callie Torres; will be among the regular protagonists of the series starting from the third season.
- Eric Dane, plays Mark Sloan: Dr. “bollore” appears in episode 2 × 18 in the role of Dr. Mark Sloan; will be one of the series fixed characters starting from the third season.
- Brooke Smith appears in the last three episodes of the season in the role of Dr. Erica Hahn; after other sporadic appearances in the third season, he will be among the protagonists of the fourth season.
COUPLES OF GREY’S ANATOMY 2
Between back and forth, new entries and many new features, Grey’s Anatomy it will see a long series of pairs, mating and breaking out. Here are the main ones from season 2:
- Derek Shepherd e Addison Montgomery (e Meredith Grey)
Even though the two hated each other, they were really good together. Their chemistry was really great. However, as Addison so eloquently puts it as she and Derek are trying to make their marriage work: “The only people who don’t know that Derek and Meredith are in love are Derek and Meredith.” This couple is another victim of the unstoppable force of the romance between Meredith and Derek.
- Izzie Stevens e Denny Duquette
The tragic doctor-patient romance of Izzie and Denny helped make Grey’s Anatomy what it was in its infancy. Millions of people know what an LVAD cable is thanks to Izzie and Denny. Their chemistry was so palpable and their tragic ending was so obvious that one couldn’t help but get involved in their romance. Their entire relationship takes place within the hospital walls. We all fell in love with Denny. Even though it was clear that Denny was a goner, his post heart transplant speech “I can choose now and I choose you, Izzie Stevens” was so romantic! Perhaps their relationship remains so iconic thanks to the fact that it was death that sealed it forever.
READ ALSO: The 20 most beautiful couples of the medical drama Grey’s Anatomy
SOUNDTRACK SECOND SEASON
In addition to very beautiful acoustic pieces (Anya Marina, KT Tunstall and the live version of “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol), the soundtrack crosses numerous genres and continents. There’s the sunny, 60s pop vibe of Jim’s “I Me You” from Noir, Jamie Lidell’s “Multiply”, Metric’s edgy punk-pop, Chalets’ turbulent “Sexy Mistake” and the beautiful cansone by songwriter Foy Vance “I Hate Everyone”.
CURIOSITY ABOUT THE FIRST SEASON OF GREY’S ANATOMY
After so many years there are few things you don’t know about the Shonda Rhimes show, but here are some goodies that you may have missed:
- Season 2 saw numerous cast and crew members receive awards and nominations in ceremonies such as the 58th Primetime Emmy Awards and the 64th Golden Globe Awards. Katherine Heigl e Chandra Wilson were the cast members with the most nominations for their portrayals of Izzie Stevens and Miranda Bailey
- The second season appeared in numerous top 10 2006, including USA Today, San Jose Mercury News, TV Guide, and Orlando Sentinel.
- With 27 episodes, this is the longest season in the series.
- Most of the voiceovers some episodes are narrated by Meredith Gray, but they are there three exceptions: George O’Malley is the voiceover of the episode “What Did I Do To Deserve This?” Fight or Flight Response is narrated by all the main characters. Losing My Religion has no voice off.
- Chandra Wilson she was pregnant of his son during part of the season, like his character.